Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs Head in Clouds, Feet on Ground: THE CHORES CHORUS

Tuesday 21 April 2020

THE CHORES CHORUS



Dust  bunnies skitter merrily away
As I chase them with my broom
Though I did it just yesterday,
The laundry doth again loom.

The mop, I swear, has more hair
Than was ever on my head,
Alas! I was not aware
That like a dog I shed.

The table has a carpet of dust
The carpet, a table of contents
The iron wok wallows in rust
The plates have all got dents.

In the sink, with festive air
The dishes doth get married
In no time, they come to bear
The children they have carried.

The burns and cuts behoove me not
For, no greenhorn am I
Yet I seem to have forgot
The basics that apply.

I chop and cook and stir and bake
No sooner than ‘tis done,
Dinner follows in lunch’s wake
I am back to square one!

No comments:

Post a Comment